D.D.S., School of Dentistry, Taipei Medical University
M.S., Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, National Yang-Ming University
Ph.D., Department of Oral Biology, University of Washington
Certificate in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (Taiwan)
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Molecular Cancer Research
Membership of Associated Professional Bodies
Member, Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Taiwan
Member, Taiwan Dental Association
DNA damage and cellular stress response of cancers
Cancer immunotherapy and target therapy
2018 Research Excellence Award, Taipei Veterans General Hospital
2014 Albert M. Kligman Travel Fellowship Award, Society for Investigative Dermatology Annual Meeting, Albuquerque, NM
2013 Graduate School Fund for Excellence and Innovation (GSFEI) Graduate Student Travel Award, School of Dentistry, University of Washington
2011 1st Place Poster Award, 6th Annual South Lake Union Group (SLUG) Research Symposium
2009 Graduate School Fund for Excellence and Innovation Top Scholar Award, School of Dentistry, University of Washington
2004 Oral Presentation Award, 4th Taiwan Congress on Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Annual Meeting, Tainan, Taiwan
2003 Oral Presentation Award, 3th Taiwan Congress on Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Annual Meeting, Changhua, Taiwan
2002 Best Graduate of Year Award, National Yang-Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
- Hung KF, Sidorova JM, Nghiem P, Kawasumi M. (2020, May). The 6-4 Photoproduct Is the Trigger of UV-induced Replication Blockage and ATR Activation. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, doi: 10.1073/pnas.1917196117. 本人為第一作者.
- CY Chen, Kawasumi M, Lan TY, Poon CL, Lin YS, Wu PJ, Chen YC, Chen BH, Wu CH, Lo JF, Weng RR, Sun YC, Hung KF. (2020, December). Adaptation to endoplasmic reticulum stress enhances resistance of oral cancer cells to cisplatin by up-regulating polymerase η and increasing DNA repair efficiency. Int. J. Mol. Sci. Acceptance. 本人為通訊作者.
- Hung KF, Liao PC, Chen CK, Chiu YT, Cheng DH, Kawasumi M, Kao SY, Lo JF (2019, Apr). ASB6 Promotes the Stemness Properties and Sustains Metastatic Potential of Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma Cells by Attenuating ER Stress. International Journal of Biological Sciences, 15(5):1080-1090. MOST 106- 2314-B-075-077-MY3. 本人為第一作者.
- Hung KF, Sun YC, Chen BH, Lo JF, Cheng CM, Chen CY, Wu CH, Kao SY. (2020, Oct). New COVID-19 saliva-based test: How good is it compared with the current nasopharyngeal or throat swab test? Journal of the Chinese Medical Association, 83(10):891-894. 本人為第一作者.
- Hung KF, Sun YC, Liou HM, Hu FR (2019, Jun). Human antigen R protein modulates vascular endothelial growth factor expression in human corneal epithelial cells under hypoxia. Journal of the Formosan Medical Association, S0929-6646(19)30217-7. 本人為第一作者.
- Hung KF, Yang T, Kao SY (2019, Nov). Cancer stem cell theory: Are we moving past the mist? Journal of the Chinese Medical Association, 82(11):814-818. 本人為第一作者.
- Liao WT, Hsu MY, Shen CF, Hung KF, Cheng CM (2020, Nov). Home Sample Self-Collection for COVID-19 Patient. Advanced Biosystems, (11): e2000150. 本人為共同通訊作者.
- Chou CJ, Lin CF, Chen YW, Huang PI, Yang YP, Wang ML, Hung KF, Lee YY (2020, May). The update of chimeric antigen receptor-T cells therapy in glioblastoma. Journal of the Chinese Medical Association, 83(5):442-445.
- Lin WY, Chen YW, Lin CF, Yang YP, Wang ML, Hung KF, Huang PI, Lee YY, Chiou SH (2020, Aug). Emerging trends in gene-modified-based chimeric antigen receptor-engineered T-cellular therapy for malignant tumors: The lesson from leukemia to pediatric brain tumors. Journal of the Chinese Medical Association, 83(8):719-724.
- Akbor M, Hung KF, Yang YP, Chou SJ, Tsai PH, Chien CS, Lin LT (2019, Dec). Immunotherapy orchestrates radiotherapy in composing abscopal effects: A strategic review in metastatic head and neck cancer. Journal of the Chinese Medical Association, 83(2):113-116.
- Lee JW, Ratnakumar K, Hung KF, Rokunohe D, Kawasumi M (2020, Mar). Deciphering UV-induced DNA Damage Responses to Prevent and Treat Skin Cancer. Photochemistry and Photobiology, doi: 10.1111/php.13245.
- Chen YS, Chang CW, Tsay YG, Huang LY, Wu YC, Cheng LH, Yang CC, Wu CH, Teo WH, Hung KF, Huang CY, Lee TC, Lo JF (2018, Jun). HSP40 co-chaperone protein Tid1 suppresses metastasis of head and neck cancer by inhibiting Galectin-7-TCF3-MMP9 axis signaling. Theranostics, 8(14):3841-3855.
- Chang CW, Chen YS, Tsay YG, Han CL, Chen YJ, Yang CC, Hung KF, Lin CH, Huang TY, Kao SY, Lee TC, Lo JF (2018, Feb). ROS-independent ER stress-mediated NRF2 activation promotes warburg effect to maintain stemness-associated properties of cancer-initiating cells. Cell Death & Disease, 9(2):194.
- Cheng LH, Hung KF, Lee TC, Huang CY, Chiu WT, Lo JF, Huang TF (2016, Dec). Mitochondrial co-chaperone protein Tid1 is required for energy homeostasis during skeletal myogenesis. Stem Cell Research & Therapy, 7(1), 185-194.
- Cheng LH, Hung KF, Huang TF, Hsieh HP, Wang SY, Huang CY, Lo JF (2016, Oct). Attenuation of Cancer-Initiating Cells Stemness Properties by Abrogating S100A4 Calcium Binding Ability in Head and Neck Cancers. Oncotarget, 7(48), 78946-78957.
- Hung KF, Liu CJ, Chiu PC, Lin JS, Chang KW, Shi WY, Kao SY, Tu HF (2016, Feb). MicroRNA-31 upregulation predicts increased risk of progression of Oral Potentially Malignant Disorder. Oral Oncology, 53:42-7, 2016. 本人為第一作者.
- Hung KF, Lai KC, Liu TY, Liu CJ, Lee TC, Lo JF (2009, Jun). Asb6 upregulation by Areca nut extracts is associated with betel quid-induced oral carcinogenesis. Oral Oncology, 45(6):543-8. 本人為第一作者.
- Fong Y, Chou SJ, Hung KF, Wu HT, Kao SY (2008, Mar). An investigation of the differential expression of Her2/neu gene expression in normal oral mucosa, epithelial dysplasia, and oral squamous cell carcinoma in Taiwan. Journal of the Chinese Medical Association, 71(3):123-7.
- Hung KF, Chang CS, Liu CJ, Lui MT, Cheng CY, Kao SY (2006, Nov). Differential expression of E-cadherin in metastatic lesions comparing to primary oral squamous cell carcinoma. Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine, 35(10):589-94. 本人為第一作者.
- Hung KF, Lin SC, Liu CJ, Chang CS, Chang KW, Kao SY (2003, Sep). The biphasic differential expression of the cellular membrane protein, caveolin-1, in oral carcinogenesis. Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine, 32(8):461-7. 本人為第一作者.