Department of Dentistry
College of Dentistry
National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University
DDS (National Yang-Ming University, Taiwan)
Oral Pathology Certificate (Northwestern University, USA)
PhD (Northwestern University, USA)
Oral Pathology Board (Taiwan)
Distinguished Professor and Dean
Oral Pathology, Oral Diagnosis, Oral Disease, Molecular Pathology
Membership of Associated Professional Bodies
American Association for Cancer Research
Taiwan Academy of Oral Pathology
International Association for Oral Pathologist
International Association for Dental Research
Publications (5-year, key author)
- Chang KW, Hung WW, Chou CH, Tu HF, Chang SR, Liu YC, Liu CJ, Lin SC* (2021, Aug). LncRNA MIR31HG drives oncogenicity by inhibiting the Limb-Bud and Heart Development gene (LBH) during oral carcinoma. Int J Mol Sci, 21, 8383.
- Lin SC., Liu CJ, Ji SH, Hung WW, Liu YC, Chang SR, Tu HF, Chang KW* (2021, Aug). The upregulation of oncogenic miRNAs in swabbed samples obtained from oral premalignant and malignant lesions. Clin Oral Invest, 1-9.
- Chang KW, Lin CE, Tu HF, Chung HY, Chen YF, Lin SC* (2020, Dec). Establishment of a p53 null murine oral carcinoma cell line and the identification of genetic alterations associated with this carcinoma. Int J Mol Sci, 2020, 21, 9354.
- Lin SC, Wu HL, Yeh LY, Yang CC, Kao SY, Chang KW* (2020, Dec). Activation of the miR-371/372/373 miRNA cluster enhances oncogenicity and drug resistance in oral carcinoma cells. Int J Mol Sci, 2020, 21, 9442.
- Lin LH, Lin JS, Yang CC, Cheng HW, Chang KW*, Liu CJ* (2020, Mar). Overexpression of platelet-derived growth factor and its receptor are correlated with oral tumorigenesis and poor prognosis in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Mol Sci, 2020, 21, 2360.
- Yeh LY, Yang CC, Wu HL, Kao SY, Liu CJ, Chen YF, Lin SC*, Chang KW* (2020, Jan). The miR-372-ZBTB7A oncogenic axis suppresses TRAIL-R2 associated drug sensitivity in oral carcinoma. Front Oncol, 10: 47
- Chen YF, Liu CJ, Lin LH, Chou CH, Yeh LY, Lin SC*, Chang, KW* (2019, Mar). Establishing of mouse oral carcinoma cell lines derived from transgenic mice and their use as syngeneic tumorigenesis models. BMC Cancer, 19: 281.
- Chen YF, Wei YY, Yang CC, Liu CJ, Yeh LY, Chou CH, Chang KW*, Lin SC* (2019, Feb). miR-125b suppresses oral oncogenicity by targeting the antioxidative gene PRXL2A. Redox Biol, 22, 101140.
- Peng SY, Tu HF, Yang CC, Wu CH, Liu CJ, Chang KW*, Lin SC* (2018, Nov). miR-134 targets PDCD7 to reduce E-cadherin expression and enhance oral cancer progression. Int J Cancer, 143: 2892-2904.
- Lin LH, Chang KW (co-first author), Kao SY, Cheng HW, Liu CJ* (2018, Oct). Increased plasma circulating cell-free DNA could be a potential marker for oral cancer. Int J Mol Sci, 19 (11): pii: 3303.
- Yang CC, Chang KW* (2018, Sep). Eicosanoids and HB-EGF/EGFR in cancer. Cancer Metastasis Review, 37: 375-95.
- Lee LT, Wong YK, Hsiao HY, Wang YW, Chan MY*, Chang KW* (2018, Jun). Evaluation of saliva and plasma cytokine biomarkers in patients with oral squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg, 47 (6): 699-709.
- Chou CH, Tu HF, Kao SY, Fan Chiang C-Y, Liu CJ, Chang KW*, Lin SC* (2018, Apr). Targeting of miR-31/96/182 to the Numb gene during head and neck oncogenesis. Head and Neck, 40: 808-17.
- Wang MC, Yeh LY, Shih WY, Li WC, Chang KW*, Lin SC* (2018, Apr). Portland cement induces human periodontal ligament cells to differentiate by upregulating miR-146a. J Form Med Ass, 117 (4) 308-315.
- Yu EH, Tu HF, Wu CH, Yang CC, Chang KW* (2017, Jan). MicroRNA-21 promotes perineural invasion and impacts survival in patients with oral carcinoma. J Chin Med ASS, 80, 383-8.
- Lin SC, Kao SY, Chang J CY, Liu YJ, Yu EH, Tseng SH, Liu CJ*, Chang KW* (2016, Sep). Up-regulation of miR-187 modulates the advances of oral carcinoma by targeting BARX2 tumor suppressor. Oncotarget, 7: 61355-65.
- Lu WC, Liu CJ, Tu HF, Chung YT, Yang CC, Kao SY, Chang KW*, Lin SC* (2016, Sep). miR-31 targets ARID1A and enhances the oncogenicity and stemness of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Oncotarget, 7: 51002-16.
- Yang CC, Tu HF, Wu CC, Chang HC, Chiang WF, Shih NC, Lee YS, Kao SY*, Chang KW* (2016, May). Up-regulation of HB-EGF by the COX-2/PGE2 signaling associates with the cisplatin resistance and tumor recurrence of advanced HNSCC. Oral Oncol, 56: 54-61.
- Kao SY, Tsai MM, Wu CH, Chen JJ, Tseng SH, Lin SC*, Chang KW* (2016, Apr). Co-targeting of multiple microRNAs on factor-inhibiting hypoxia-inducible factor (FIH) gene for the pathogenesis of head and neck carcinomas. Head and Neck, 38(4): 522-8.
- Chen YF, Yang CC, Kao SY, Liu CJ, Lin SC*, Chang KW* (2016, Aug). MicroRNA-211 enhances the oncogenicity of carcinogen-induced oral carcinoma by repressing TCF12 and increasing antioxidant activity. Cancer Res, 76: 4872-86.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org